On this page you'll find our:
- Attendee Agreement
- Exhibitor Agreement
- Art Show Consignment Agreement
The Tiki Kon website does not collect personal information, and any cookies used are for display purposes only.
We do collect information via third party online tools, including Google Forms for vendor and volunteer signups, Eventbrite for registration and ticket sales, and others. Any personal information we receive from these sources is held in the strictest confidence and never sold or given away to third parties, though we may use it to send interesting things related to Tiki Kon or our other projects.
We reserve the right to automatically subscribe event attendees to both our general information mailing list and our attendee list. You may unsubscribe or update your preferences at any time using the links at the bottom of each email. However, we only send important event details and orientation guides to the attendee list, to help you better enjoy Tiki Kon. We may occasionally send messages on behalf of our sponsors to the general list, but we will never, ever give your contact information away.
TIKI KON ATTENDEE AGREEMENT
By attending Tik Kon (“Event”), you (“Guest”) agree to the following waiver and terms & conditions. If you are registering and/or reserving hotel rooms on behalf of other attendees, they are considered your guests, and you are responsible for their acceptance of and compliance with this agreement.
THE SHORT VERSION
You release us from any liability or claims due to accident, injury, theft, etc.
You agree to be responsible and safe while at Tiki Kon.
You consent to information sharing between Hotel and Tiki Kon.
You promise to keep private room parties private, not sell booze, and not serve minors.
You consent to being photographed and/or recorded.
WAIVER OF LIABILITY
Guest assumes the risks associated with alcohol consumption and takes full responsibility for his or her own actions, safety and welfare.
Guest acknowledges and agrees that Tiki Kon shall not be responsible or liable for any accident, injury, theft, loss or damage whatsoever sustained by Guest in conjunction with any activity at the Event. Guest waives any and all claims against Tiki Kon.
Guest understands that it is the Guest’s sole responsibility to be present at all scheduled points of departure at the times and locations provided by Tiki Kon, for transportation to off-site portions of the Event. Tiki Kon does not assume any responsibility or liability for any expenses incurred by Guest, direct or consequential, by reason of Guest’s failure to board Event shuttle buses for any reason.
TERMS OF ACCOMMODATION
If you are lodging at the DoubleTree by Hilton (“Hotel”), the host hotel for Tiki Kon, as part of your attendance at Event, the following additional terms apply:
You consent to allow Hotel to release your reservation and contact details to Tiki Kon, and to allow Tiki Kon to release your name and attendance information to Hotel.
Prior to departure, you agree to pay all incidental charges made against your guest room.
Hotel reservations may be canceled without penalty up to 72 hours before 4pm on your arrival date. Reservations not canceled before that time will be charged one night’s room and tax as a cancellation fee.
CODE OF CONDUCT
Guest understands that he or she will be a member of a group and agrees to conduct himself or herself in a way that does not endanger Guest or the group or detract from the enjoyment of others.
If Guest is hosting hosting a party, gathering, or hospitality suite in a private hotel room at the Event, Guest agrees to:
Follow all hotel policies, including but not limited to those regarding noise and nuisance, and to follow directions of hotel staff,
Keep private parties private, and admit only friends or registered Tiki Kon guests,
Not sell alcohol to anyone, nor serve alcohol to minors,
Verify all guests in attendance have valid Tiki Kon admission wristbands.
NOTICE OF FILMING AND PHOTOGRAPHY
By attending Tiki Kon, you consent to being photographed, filmed and/or otherwise recorded by official event photographers, members of the press, vendors, other guests, and other affiliates. Your entry into the Event constitutes your consent to such photography, filming and/or recording and to any use, in any and all media throughout the universe in perpetuity, of your appearance, voice and name for any purpose whatsoever in connection with Tiki Kon.
TIKI KON EXHIBITOR AGREEMENT
By applying to exhibit, exhibitors/vendors consent to be bound by the following agreements.
HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT
In consideration for being permitted to participate at the Tiki Kon annual event as a product vendor or exhibitor, you agree to indemnify, save and hold harmless Sandy Bottom Productions LLC, the Tiki Kon event organizers and principals, and the Doubletree Hotel and its holding company, from any and all claims which may occur to you or your property property from any cause whatsoever, or any and all claims from a person(s) purchasing or evaluating your goods or services.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
You agree to comply with all directions of Tiki Kon staff, including but not limited to compliance with load in/out times, observance of booth space limitations and fire codes, and removal of any products from the vending floor that are deemed offensive, disruptive, or are mis-represented in the vendor application. You agree to comply with any rules or operating procedures as Sandy Bottom Productions LLC or event staff may reasonably require for the orderly and timely setup, performance and dismantling of the vending area. You also agree to comply with hotel policies, local and state laws, and the Hold Harmless Agreement.
Tiki Kon and Sandy Bottom Productions LLC shall have full power in the interpretation and enforcement of all rules and regulations contained in the Vendor Kit and this agreement, and the power to make such reasonable amendments thereto and such further rules and regulations as it shall consider necessary for the proper conduct of the Tiki Kon annual event.
PRODUCT TYPE LIMITATION: You agree to offer primarily only products listed in their vendor application. Product types not listed may not comprise more than 5% of your inventory. For example, a vendor of ceramic art may also have a couple of vintage shirts they want to sell. Unless they are listed in the application, no more than 5% of the vendor’s inventory may be vintage shirts. Final determination of such shall be made by the Vendor Coordinators, and you will be asked to remove any violating inventory from the sales floor on the day of show. This is done to avoid over-saturation of product types.
CONDUCT: You agree to not defame, bring into disrepute or otherwise damage the name, goodwill or property of Tiki Kon, Sandy Bottom Productions LLC, any and all event guests, vendors, artists or sponsors. You further agree to not bring complaints of plagiarism without actionable evidence and proof of intellectual property ownership. You are expected to provide the highest levels customer service and integrity when dealing with the general public and event organizers.
APPROVAL: Applications will be approved by a panel of event organizers based on relevance, to event themes, quality, uniqueness, presentation, and history with Tiki Kon. All decisions by event coordinators are subjective and final. We reserve the right to reject vendor applications and refund fees for any reason. Payment is due by March 30 using our online payment system. Upon approval you will be sent an invoice which may be paid online. Alternate payment methods are available by request. After the payment deadline, unpaid vending spaces will be offered to the next applicant on the waitlist.
CANCELLATION: You may request cancellation until midnight on May 5 to receive a full refund. After that, cancellations are subject to a 25% service fee. Vendor fees and registration are non-refundable after June 21.
COMPLIMENTARY ADMISSION: Each 10 x 10 Daytime Booth, Spotlight Vending, or Poolside Room Vending includes 2 complimentary Standard Weekend Passes. Mobile Vending includes 1 Standard Weekend Pass. With the exception of Poolside Room Vending, vendor is responsible for their own transportation and lodging arrangements. Vendors wishing to upgrade to Deluxe Weekend Pass must purchase that admission level when registration opens to the general public on March 15, at 6:00 p.m. PST. After purchase, TiKi Kon will refund the value of the complimentary standard passes.
TIKI KON ART SHOW CONSIGNMENT AGREEMENT
By applying for inclusion in the Tiki Kon Art Show, Artist consents to be bound by the following agreement.
1. AGENCY; PURPOSES. The Artist appoints Tiki Kon as agent for the works of art (“Artworks”) consigned under the Agreement, for the purposes of exhibition and sale. Tiki Kon shall not permit the Artworks to be used for any other purposes not described in this Agreement without written consent of the Artist.
2. CONSIGNMENT. The Artist hereby consigns to Tiki Kon and Tiki Kon accepts on consignment, one or more of those artworks listed in this application which have been selected by Tiki Kon for exhibition and sale. A panel of Tiki Kon staff members will review all submitted Artworks by all consignees and select those best suited for exhibition.
3. WARRANTY. The Artist hereby warrants that the pieces are original works that he/she created and to which he/she possesses unencumbered title, and that their descriptions are true and accurate.
4. DURATION OF CONSIGNMENT. Artist and Tiki Kon agree that the term of consignment for the Artworks shall last for 21 days, starting on the first day of Tiki Kon, July 5, 2019, and ending July 26, 2019. Artworks sold during the consignment term are subject to the commission rates specified in this Agreement, regardless of whether they are sold by Tiki Kon, the artist, or any other party.
5. DISPLAY. Artworks will be on public display at the Tiki Kon conference, July 5-7, 2019. After Tiki Kon weekend, unsold Artworks will be offered for sale through Tiki Kon's social media channels for the duration of the consignment term. Tiki Kon and the Art Show Coordinator maintain sole control over the display, placement, lighting and labeling of the Artworks under consignment.
6. DELIVERY. Artworks selected for exhibition must be delivered by Artist framed and ready for display and hanging, as instructed in advance by the Art Show Coordinator. If artwork is received not ready for display as instructed, Artist is responsible for any additional materials and labor expenses needed to make Artworks ready for display, to be deducted from proceeds of sale, or added to return shipping invoice for unsold Artworks. Shipping arrangements, packing and shipping charges, insurance costs, other handling expenses, and risk of loss or damage incurred in the delivery of Artworks from the Artist to Tiki Kon, and in their return to the Artist, shall be the responsibility of the Artist. The Art Show Coordinator will make arrangements to receive the Artworks, return any unsold Artworks to the Artist using the Artist’s preferred shipping method, and prepare and present invoices for any return shipping expenses.
a. If being shipped to Tiki Kon, artworks must be received by the Art Show Coordinator no later than June 21, 2019. Artworks not received by that date may be excluded from the show at the Art Show Coordinator’s discretion.
b. If Artist is also a Vendor at Tiki Kon, the Artworks may be delivered in person when Artist arrives, and unsold Artworks may be retrieved in person at the conclusion of the show.
c. Unsold Artworks will be shipped back to Artist using the shipping method by which they were originally delivered, unless otherwise requested by Artist. Return shipping expenses are the responsibility of Artist. Upon completion of consignment term, Tiki Kon will submit an invoice to Artist, and Artworks will be shipped back within two (2) weeks of receipt of payment.
c. If anyone other than the Artist is to retrieve unsold Artworks at the end of the consignment term, written authorization from the Artist must be given to Tiki Kon by US mail, electronic messaging, or presented by the person picking up the works. All responsibility for the safe transfer of the works remain with the Artist.
7. RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE; INSURANCE COVERAGE. Tiki Kon shall not be responsible for loss, theft or damage to consigned Artworks while they are in the custody of the Art Show Coordinator or Tiki Kon, due to Tiki Kon’s inability to establish value of consigned Artwork for insurance purposes regardless of retail price assigned by Artist. However, Tiki Kon relies on its reputation as a trusted consignor and custodian of Artists’ work and will take reasonable measures to ensure theft or loss does not occur, including secure storage of Artworks while in Tiki Kon’s custody and supervision of Artworks during the exhibition.
8. PRICING; COMMISSION; TERMS OF PAYMENT. Tiki Kon shall sell the Artworks only at the retail price specified by the Artist, with commission payment being deducted from the sale price. Any change in the retail price or in Tiki Kon’s commission must be agreed upon in advance by the Artist and Tiki Kon. Payment to the Artist shall be made by check within three (3) weeks following the date of sale.
a. Tiki Kon’s commission for sales of Artworks shall be 25% for Artists who are not exhibitors at the Tiki Kon conference during the current calendar year.
b. Tiki Kon’s commission for sales of Artworks shall be 10% for Artists who are exhibitors at the Tiki Kon conference during the current calendar year, and who deliver the artwork to the Art Show Coordinator in person.
9. TITLE TO ARTWORK. Title to each of the Artworks remains with the Artist until the Artwork is sold and payment is made by the purchaser; then title passes directly to the purchaser. Title passes directly to Tiki Kon for Artworks not picked up in person by the Artist within three (3) weeks after conclusion of the consignment term, or for Artworks for which return shipping payment has not been made within two (2) weeks after Tiki Kon submits invoice to Artist for payment of return shipping expenses.
10. Promotion. Tiki Kon shall use its best efforts to promote the sale of the Artworks. Tiki Kon agrees to provide adequate display of the Artworks and to undertake other promotional activities on the Artist’s behalf. Tiki Kon shall identify clearly all Artworks with the Artist’s name, and the Artist’s name shall be included on the bill of sale of each of the Artworks.
11. REPRODUCTION RIGHTS. The Artist reserves all rights to the reproduction of the Artworks except as noted in in this Agreement. Tiki Kon assumes the right to use images of Artworks to publicize and promote the Artworks or the Tiki Kon Art Show, through social media and other means, in perpetuity. In every instance of such use, the Artist shall be acknowledged as the creator and copyright owner of the Artwork.
12. CONDUCT. Artist agrees to not defame, bring into disrepute or otherwise damage the name, goodwill or property of Tiki Kon, Sandy Bottom Productions LLC, any and all Tiki Kon guests, or any other artist, vendor or sponsor. Artist further agrees to not bring complaints of plagiarism without actionable evidence and proof of intellectual property ownership.
13. TERMINATION OF AGREEMENT. This Agreement may be terminated by Artist at any time before commencement of the consignment term. In such case, Artist is responsible for return shipping expenses as described in Section 6 of this Agreement, and subject to loss of title if payment is not made for return shipping as described in Section 9. This Agreement may be terminated at any time by Tiki Kon, for any reason, at which time Artworks will be returned to Artist at Tiki Kon's expense, within 2 weeks of receipt of written notice to terminate by Artist.
14. AMENDMENTS. Amendments to this Agreement must be presented in writing and signed by both Artist and Tiki Kon.
15. FORCE MAJEURE. If Tiki Kon is unable to perform any of its obligations under this Agreement due to events beyond its reasonable control, Artworks will be returned to the Artist, and Tiki Kon will be responsible for return shipping expenses.
By submitting this online application to exhibit Artworks, Artist agrees to the terms of this Agreement in full.